How to Keep Washable Puppy Pads from Smelling?
A puppy pee pad can be a highly useful tool if you wish to master potty training puppies. You must frequently clean it if you want your dog to live a healthy life. The dirty puppy pad can't be used once more, right? Dog smell can be extremely upsetting for residents of the house. Therefore, it is crucial to get rid of the odour during cleaning. But how should it be done correctly?
How to Wash Dog Pee Pads?
Once you decide to make the switch to Dry Paws and use our washable potty pads or oversized furniture throws for your pup, it’s critical to know how to keep them from smelling. The very first thing that you must do is to check how long they can go without replacing or washing as each dog and size is different. Generally, Dry Paws recommends washable pee pads to be used for up to 48 hours.
- Start the process by adding washing detergent in some water. The water can be warm or cold. Avoid the use of bleach as it can cause skin irritation and allergies.
- Wash on a regular cycle if you are using a washing machine.
- You can also use odour eliminator to reduce the smell of ammonia.
- If there is any liquid in the pee pad, ring it out for some time before washing.
- It is highly recommended to air dry the washable potty pads in sunlight as it can help in countering smell however our pads are completely machine dry safe.
Prevent Washable Potty Pads from Smelling
In addition to washing, you may require some extra effort to get excess odour out from these pee pads. For example, you must change and wash the potty pads of your dog regularly to control the smell. Similarly, the following methods can prove handy in keeping washable pads from smelling.
Mix 1 cup of baking soda in 4 cups of hot water, and add this solution to some cool water. Soak the dirty pads in this mixture for 2-4 hours before washing.
In this technique, you will add a small quantity of vinegar (around 1 tablespoon) in the washing detergent. After that, wash the pee pads normally to remove the excess smell. If the odour is too strong, you may increase the amount of vinegar to about ½ cup.
NOTE: You should buy at least 2 potty pads to ensure that the floor stays clean while you are washing one.